Are there things I’ll do differently next time?
Wait, there’s a next time?!
Double wait -- what happened the first time?!
We had an adventure in Canada!
• Plan more backup routes
• Only bring one book for leisure
• Set up my international phone plan BEFORE I enter Canada
• Practice setting up my tent in the rain
The planning for this trip started in 2015. And back then I had no idea I was planning to go to Canada to camp in the woods. I usually spend a week back home in Minnesota every summer and at least a few days during Christmas. In 2015 I skipped my summer trip to instead visit other cities and states and I skipped the Christmas visit to avoid the classic Minnesota winter weather of snow, ice, and cold. Now I HAD to visit in 2016.
So what do I do with the dogs when I head to Minnesota?
- Boarding them or flying them seemed to cost as much or more than if I just drove them out there with me.
- Guess we’re doing a road trip.
But driving that same old route taking I-40 across New Mexico and up I-35 to home is boring.
- Maybe I should try mapping out new routes up through Colorado and/or Montana.
- Well, if I’m going to be in Montana then I may as well hop up to Canada!
- If I’m going to be in Canada, I may as well find some cool stuff to see.
- Oh look, a giant cluster of national parks – may as well add an extra day or so to drive through those.
Well, now I’m going to be driving for a week straight, may as well stay in one spot for a bit to explore.
- There is A LOT to explore, may as well stay three days in Banff.
- No, really, there is A WHOLE LOT – better make it five days.